Inside this Issue:
- Poetry Transcription Lesson
- OCTC Common Reading Program
- Student Writing Contest Information- Updated!
- Which Author is Your Soul Mate? Literature Project ideas
- KEB Call for Manuscripts
- Facebook, Twitter and New Website Information!
Download Spring 2014 Newsletter here
Teachers! You have great ideas, lesson plans, strategies you have used and so much to offer the membership of KCTE/LA! Please consider writing up those ideas for submission to the KCTE/LA Newsletter!
You can submit your articles to firstname.lastname@example.org – Attn: Amy Clancy – newsletter editor. Length: Generally about 3-4 paragraphs in length is great; however, a longer article is also acceptable! Newsletters are generally published around October, Feb/March and May/June. Please submit your article in a Word doc rather than copying and pasting it into an email.
KCTE member will soon receive their 2014 Officer Election Ballots in the mail. Completed ballots need to be returned within two weeks of receipt.
1. Elementary Section Vice-President
2. Middle Section Vice-President
3. Secondary Section Vice-President:
Kristie Hofelich Ennis
4. College Section Vice-President:
The Kentucky Council of Teachers of English Conference will be held Friday, Feb. 27, and Saturday, Feb. 28, at the Embassy Suites in Lexington, KY.
Jennifer Fowler will serve as Conference Chair for the 2015 Conference.
The 2015 Call For Manuscripts for the Kentucky English Bulletin focuses on the theme of Classroom Literature. The spring 2015 issue of the Bulletin invites you to share your love and appreciation of teaching literature in its various forms, such as picture books, chapter books, young adult novels, poetry, nonfiction, short stories, plays, canonical works, recent titles, mainstream texts, marginalized texts, and graphic novels.
In addition to articles, contributions are sought for standing sections of the Bulletin:
- Teachers as Writers: Poetry, Essays, Letters
- KEB Teaching Strategy Exchange
- Professional Reading Recommendations
- What’s New in Young Adult Literature?
- Speak Out: Professional Issues
Deadline: January 31, 2015
Full Call For Manuscripts available on the KEB page